ACS Cross-Country 2009

If i were from my past which is 2 years ago i will think that "Ahhhh .. cross-country again. Which means i gotta run. And i dont think i can ... So forget about it .. I might as well talk to my friends and jog a little if i want. " To be honest during my secondary year in MGS from form 1 till 5 i hardly participate in any sports. Im not those bright students who excel in sports because :

1. I hardly take any exercise. If you think doing house chores also included under exercise category then i do take some exercise.
2. I have low stamina. I cant run fast nor jog continuously.
3. I used to stay in my house being the 'good girl'. So no sports for me.
4. No people accompany me. Thus, my dad never allow me to go out alone.

Maybe to you guys out there might think that im giving some excuse here. But this is all true. Up until now my dad still wont let me go stadium jog alone although im already 18 (going reach 19 soon). So i need at least 1 company only can go out. Secondly, due to lack of exercise im having low stamina. I can only run for short distance. (6 years ago) During the cross-country im always the one who will just sorta give up half way cos i'll always have this thought that "why should i keep on running?" "you knew that you wont get any placing in the end .. ". Whenever i reach half of the track i'll be hyperventilating. Lack of oxygen, muscle ache, my lungs feel like flying out, chest keeps beating hard ...

This year, i had set my mind that this time i will really try my best to go for it. Although i dont know what willl i get in the end .. maybe i'll get something or end up getting nothing. No matter what this will be my final chance. Since the day school reopen i asked Aaron whether he wanna go jogging. As usual he'll say he's lazy. One day wei loong suddenly talks about wanting to go practice for cross-country among yeow sheng, Aaron, Alison and me. I was so thrilled .. Since last week i've been practicing alot (quite). I did as much as i could .. 2 days ago, we've went to indentify the road for cross-country during afternoon.

As for today .. It's the day where students will compete among themselves to get to the top. We've gathered at the assembly area at 7.30 am. The competition starts around 8.30am where the form 3 boys will go first. Next is form 4 .. then form 5 .. then only the form 6 and form 1 & 2. Before the cross-country starts, few of my friend asked/told me :

conversation 1
Sherlyn : yf .. i heard someone said you can run .
me : *pause awhile* Er .. hehe i dont know.

conversation 2
Alison : yf you running?
Me : er .. ya
Alison : .. Get top 10 ?
Me : Er .. Haha i duno la. See how la ..

conversation 3
Cheryl : Pao running ?
Me : *nod* *nod*

During the run i'd stretched my energy level until the maximum. At certain area i've bump onto my MGS friends and teachers. Mainly Jing yee, Chai Sim, my form 5 history teacher and form 4 english teacher. It took me about 51 minutes to reach the check point area (i know im slow). I wasnt able to catch my breath when the teacher was asking for my name. Either they heard me said wrongly or dont get what im saying because they keep on write my 'ying' wrongly. Hmm .. Guess what .. I've got third place !! Haha .. Miracle huh ... This was my first time going up the stage with clappings and sound of cheering around me. It feels well ... kinda nice to have people acknowledge you (just for a day is enough for me).

To those that helped me (Aaron, Alison, Wei Loong and Yeow Sheng) thanks for everything ... Not forgetting thanks to pn. LC ..


My 1st trophy for cross-country 09

Nonetheless, congratulations to those who won the prize especially :
1. Yeow Sheng (1st place-red)
2.
Aaron (7th place-purple)
3.
Wei Loong (8th-red)
4.
Linda (1st place-purple)
5. Shu Gi (2nd-yellow)
6. Hui Shi (4th-green)

And congratulations to others as well and cheers for red house getting the most points ..

Labels: edit post
0 Responses